Thursday, February 22, 2007

"New Life" , Abstract , Acrylic on Canvas , Diptych , 60" x 20"


60" x 20" x 3/4"

Today's new painting is on two canvases. This one has iridescent gold highlights and a deep rusty red background.

Auction is HERE - SOLD

Sales on Ebay have been good the last two weeks. Things have picked up since last month and I'm finding myself spending a lot of time packing, shipping, photographing, and coding html. A full website is still in the works. Currently www.dvmstudios.com and www.davidvmoore.com both point to my Ebay Store, but I'd like to have a fully functioning website up within a month or so. Integrating the blog completely into the website is also in the works. Now if I could only find more time to paint! I have a lot of new designs sketched out and will be working on those this week. I'm trying to keep up with "one a day" painting but it is a challenge and I often miss a few days. My goal for the rest of this month and throughout March is have as few gaps as possible. It seems to help my Ebay auctions to have new things up on a daily basis.

Thank you to everyone who has purchased one of my paintings and taken the time to write to me about my work. I really appreciate the interest and feedback I've received over the last few months. I've managed to sell over 75% of everything I've listed and I'm thrilled to be able to communicate directly with collectors and fellow artists. It has truly been a great experience that has injected some "new life" into my work.

2 comments:

Curtis Verdun said...

Very interesting work, David!
It must be impressive at this size. The best part is the warm glow in the upper right portion of the "figure". I woud imagine that the digital images doesn't have the same impact as the original, as so often is the case.

David V Moore said...

Yeah, digital can't really compare to the original. I spend a lot of time trying to get my digital files as close to the original as possible but there's certainly no substitute for the real thing. All the iridescent gold in the middle figure certainly got "lost in the shuffle" and the level of detail is vastly different. The auction for the piece has close-ups of each panel though. Thanks for the feedback - much appreciated!